Monday, December 8, 2014

Getting Re-Called

Hello Emmanuel,

My car has been recalled…. 3 times.  And GM wants to make sure I get it fixed.  The car seems to run okay from my perspective.  However, I get something in the mail every couple of weeks about getting the HHR in to the dealership.  The ignition is evidently bad and the power steering needs to be fixed too.  I’m going to get it done.  I’m impressed how GM has been so persistent, though.  They must truly care about my safety…. or something.

It’s going to be a major inconvenience.  Kim will need to take the Honda to work which will leave me at home with no car.  It will take about 5 hours to get everything fixed.  But when it is done, the car will have a new ignition and better power steering.  And GM will stop bugging me.

‘Tis the season to be re-Called.  Has God been bugging you?  Most likely, there is something broke.  Everything might seem to be working okay from your perspective.  However, God has a way of wanting life to be better than just okay.   It may be inconvenient to get worked on.  It may be taking time out to do things you don’t want to do.

But if you listen to the re-Call, you might find out that life has something better to offer.  Take the time this season to do some special listening and some special doing.  Life might get something new.  And God may stop bugging you.

God is Good,

Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment