Monday, November 23, 2015

I'm NOT Thankful And Here Is Why....

Hello Emmanuel,

I’m not thankful.  Why would I be?  It’s that time of year when my demise is around every corner.  Everyone is seeking me out for reasons for which I am totally opposed.  I want to be able to think about the future with joy, not with fear and trepidation.  I don’t want to be paranoid about every person who looks at me with anticipation.  This is simply a deplorable time of year and there is nothing much I can do about it.

You might think I am being irrational, but no one is chasing you around wanting to cut your head off.  No one is seeking to twist and pluck and stuff and bake you.  It isn’t pleasant, I tell you.  It’s easy for you to sit back and relax.

So I’m NOT thankful and don’t tell me differently.  You can talk all you want about God and blessings and grace and unconditional love.  It makes me little difference, as I’m sure you’d understand if you were in my shoes…. Or feathers.

So leave me along this Thanksgiving.  Let me enjoy my existence.

Sincerely,

Mr. Turkey
.
.
.
.
P.S.  Don’t be a turkey.  Be thankful.

Why? 

Because…..

God is Good,


Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment