Monday, March 18, 2019

From Yuckiness To Hopefulness: Tonight Is The Night!

The time of this writing is Monday morning.  I am preparing for the Monday evening meeting that will relaunch the church into a new way of being the church......

Hello Church,

Tonight is the night...

Tonight's relaunch of Emmanuel's ministry approach is a culmination of so many things, personally and professionally.

Professionally, as a Pastor, I like to watch people love and fall in love with the church.  I like to see renewed energy and enthusiasm.  I like encouraging the birth of new ideas and watch them take shape.  I like watching God work in people's lives.  I like empowering others and giving them the tools to succeed.  I got away from all that I liked about being a Pastor.  It became like a job that I grinded out day-to-day, dreading the mundane tasks of this and that.  Tonight, though, is a grand return to paying attention to what I like about my work.  I can't wait.

Personally, it is refreshing as well.  A year ago I was considering quitting the ministry.  The discouragement, frustration and all the time I spent doing yucky church stuff was enough to drive me to do anything else.  But Emmanuel let me rest and listen and re-hear my Call last Summer.  It worked.  I pushed the reset button on my heart and soul.  God refreshed me.  Mentally, I am back where I should be.  My priorities are in place and my determination is pointed in the right direction.

Tonight is a culmination of getting through the yucky stuff. We had 6 fantastic years followed by 3 not-so-fantastic years.  I invited them to rest, listen and re-hear their Call.  The result?  A new vision has brought new hope and new hope brings new focus and direction. 

It all culminates tonight and then moving forward....

I hope you choose to be a part of it. 

God is Good,
Pastor Joe

 


No comments:

Post a Comment