Monday, July 15, 2019

It Has Started! Woohoo!

Hello Church,

It has been launched!  We are officially in partnership with Holly Hill Elementary!  Woohoo!  For those who missed worship this past Sunday, here is the link.  It didn't catch the whole talk due to space, but Principal Parker is at the end.  Our pre-teen mission trip presentation is at the beginning.

We welcomed Principal Erin Parker (presented her a Starbucks gift card, chocolate and a t-shirt) and began gathering sponsors and mentors.  Sponsors will spend the year encouraging, supporting and empowering teachers in simple and uplifting ways.  Mentors will be given the opportunity to provide some positive connection to a given student.

If you would like to be a part of this partnership or want more information, please let us know.  Email me at pastorjoe@emmanuel-umc.com.  We can provide you with a guide sheet on what it would mean to be a sponsor.

I fully admit that for me, personally, this particular engagement is the one I've been looking forward to.  I'm not sure why except to say that I feel like I relate with teachers.  Now don't get me wrong.  I am not comparing the congregation to a room full of first graders.  However, I do understand the stresses associated with working with many people on a regular basis.  Those who are in the people business (teachers, health professionals, pastors, etc) share the experiences of rewards, risks and frustrations.

So I am looking forward to being a support to those who help our children.  Emmanuel isn't big enough to change the world, but we can focus in and make a positive impact in a little corner of it.  I hope you are a part of that impact.  I know God is.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment