Monday, December 9, 2019

The Optimism Of Christmas

Hello Church,

As I prepare to experience my 48th Christmas, the same challenges face me.  I won't list them all here, but I will focus on one of them....

Be positive.

This is sometimes a challenge for me at any time of the year.  I decided long ago that I will do what I can to not succumb to the tendency to think pessimistically, even in the most dire of situations.  I decided I will feed off the Faith I SAY I have in order to SHOW that I have it.  It is in this way I become a witness to my Faith in Christ.

Ironically, this can be especially difficult in the Advent/Christmas seasons.  I fully and freely admit that the attitudes we see during this time is skewed, express misunderstandings, be really bad theology, and be entire inappropriate.  The triggers that show up this time of year threaten to vault me into a grumpy mood.  But I resist!!! 

Be positive.

My goal is to not be Scrooge this year.  I'm going to focus on the good qualities of how we live into Christmas.  God is good because Jesus is born.  Jesus is born because God loves us and wants us to not despair, but to have hope in a better future.  Christmas is God's time of year.  I will focus on Him and be glad.

I hope you do too.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment