Monday, May 11, 2020

Alaska is 'Reopening"...... Really?

I am convinced that cats think they rule the world.  That's okay.  We do too.  I recently made a Facebook post referencing the state of Alaska's 'reopening' as declared by the governor.  I found this funny.  Like 95% of Alaska cares what the humans do.  'Reopening' seems more than a bit egocentric.  So here is a funny bit from 25% of the Royer home.  Let this be a lesson regarding humility.   

Hello Humans,

God must be punishing me.  True, He created me and my beautiful fur (though He could've made it much easier to manage).  However, for whatever reason, my humans are around much more often than usual which is cramping my style.

Always before I would have my territory to myself, especially during the day when the sun would warm my favorite room.  I could lay in any of my favorite places, which is any place I so choose.  But now my favorite chairs are often taken.  And when I do get a chance to snuggle into one, a human comes and displaces me.  I give dirty looks, but to no avail as usual.  They simply don't respect authority.

They go into the food room much more often, but don't think I get any more food than usual.  I try to tell them, but again, to no avail.  Savages, they are.

Their impositions onto my space is not much more inconvenient than the noise they make.  The two females decided to do what they call 'singing'.  It's so incredibly annoying that I had a few choice words for them.  They sound awful, but don't seem to pay me any mind.  They would do well to heed my advice.  Like I said, 'cramping my style'.

Their attention to my needs are too often trumped by their own self-absorption.  They think only of themselves.  It's pathetic and a little bit embarrassing.

I may, at times, be tempted to feel sorry for them.  However, the problems they make are their own doing.  And they don't do anything to help themselves except sit around and complain about their own state of affairs.  Maybe some day they will clue in and evolve into something closer to my sophistication, but I doubt it.

Sometimes I think the humans think they rule the world.  I'll just let them think that.  It would be too much of a bother to convince them otherwise.

God is good (after all, He made me)

Dora the Cat

We don't really rule the world.  God has made us to only be a big part of it.  So the next time we want to 'reopen' anything, maybe we should first consider if it was really closed to begin with.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe



No comments:

Post a Comment