Monday, February 2, 2015

Living The Dream

Hello Emmanuel,

So January has come and gone.  It was an especially busy and emotional month for me that included 5 funerals, 2 of which were my uncle and my first mentor.  I’m going to guess (and hope) the next 11 months will not be the same.  Januaries always seem to bring uniqueness to my year.  This isn’t true just in my personal life, but in the church as well.

When the holidays are over, people seem to want to know what is next.  There comes this down time or lull.  There is not the busyness or anticipation of the holidays to keep minds occupied.  So people start looking.  Inevitably, we seem to get more visitors in January than any other month.  Also, people in the church evaluate their roles and also consider what more there could be.  This is the time of year that can bring opportunity.

So I am always looking and listening.  What do you want to do in the life of the church?  Have you found your niche?  Are you content with where God has put you?  I’m always up for having conversation about Call and doing my best to give you the opportunity to live your Call out.  Thanks to how Emmanuel is now structured, I can focus more on one-on-one conversations.  2 weeks ago I broke my record with 12 one-on-ones that were specifically about Call and getting people in the right place to do the right thing at the right time.  It feels good for me to be able to live out my Call.

So I’m always up for a conversation.  Give me a call or email me and we can schedule a meeting at church… or Panera… or Subway… or pretty much any place that serves food.  However, if you want to meet me next week, I’ll be in Cozumel.  Just look for a hammock on the beach.  I’ll be in it with my sunglasses and drink in hand.

God is Good,

Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment