Monday, June 8, 2015

Passing The Wind

Hello Emmanuel,

I’m at Lakeside, Ohio…. For the 20th year!  I’m old.

The West Ohio Conference is in session and I’m sitting at the Pavilion by the pier, watching the flag fly vigorously.  For those who don’t know, this one week out of the year I fly kites.  I bring my 14 kites down to the pier hoping to see the flag fly vigorously.  The conditions are currently perfect for kite flying…..

..and here I sit…. Typing to you.  Why?  Because I love you.  Awwwwwww…..

Yes, I am sacrificing perfect kite-flying weather so that I can write to you for yet another week.  It isn’t for just anyone that I will waste so much wind (I’m referring to kite-flying, not my preaching).  Sacrifice is a part of being a disciple.  Let it be known.  I’m one committed disciple. 

Sarcasm aside, as disciples of Jesus there does come those times when we are called to sacrifice.  It isn’t always as easy to do as I am doing now.  Sometimes sarcasm is difficult and it isn’t always appreciated.  We give of our time and energy.  There are moments when it is noticed.  There are moments when it isn’t noticed.  Either way, it needs to be okay.

I wonder how many good things Jesus did that didn’t get recorded.  We actually know very little of Jesus’ life.  Imagine how much good He likely did and we don’t even get to notice it.  But He did it anyway because he loved.

So please note that the flag is flying vigorously.  If you don’t take note, that’s okay.  I’m going to write to you anyway.  Why?  Because I love you.   Awwwww…..

God is Good,

Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment