Monday, August 15, 2016

Ask Pastor Joe Month

Hello Emmanuel,

This is your chance.  August is Ask Pastor Joe Month.  Throughout September, I am going to go about answering any question you have for me.  I have already received 8 different questions of various types.  ‘How did Noah and his family repopulate the world’?  ‘Does God Hate The Bengals?’  ‘What is meant by ‘Holy Ground?’  ‘Would God be pleased by how we use our riches?’

You have about 2 weeks to submit any question you’d like.  I promise that I will answer it in some form (sermon, blog, email, etc).  I will not reveal who submitted the questions.  They can cover any topic or issue that you would like. 

I am interested in what questions you have in mind.  You can write your question on paper and submit it in the offering plate; email me at pastorjoe@emmanuel-umc.com; call me at 833-5219; or communicate to me in any other form that I can understand (in other words, no smoke signals or languages besides English).

Am I worried?  Yes.  I don’t doubt that heavy research is in my future.  I also expect some questions to be very personal while other questions will be on topics I have never considered.  Either way, I look forward to it.  Our spirituality should not be void of asking all kinds of questions and searching for the answers.  It is one way that I believe prayers can be answered.  So ask away!

God is Good,


Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment