Monday, August 1, 2016

Questions and Answers

Hello Emmanuel,

One of the tasks of a pastor, I believe, is to speak to the heart of those who come seeking answers.  It’s a part of my job that is the most challenging and also the most rewarding.  I don’t always have answers and, if I do, there isn’t any guarantee they are the right answers.  However, I do try to always give a biblical perspective on tough questions and hope it at least feeds the soul a little bit.

During the month of August, you are invited to submit to me your questions.  The questions can be about anything and be as tough or as easy as you want to make them.  Theological, social, political, athletic, comical, arbitrary, spiritual, historical…. Anything.

Come September, I will make the attempt to answer every question, be it in a sermon, email, blog or otherwise.  You can send me your questions via email at pastorjoe@emmanuel-umc.com or you can write them on a piece of paper and put them in the offering plate.

Yes, I know, I’ve opened myself up for all kinds of stuff.  I’m okay with it as long as you are okay receiving all kinds of answers.  I look forward to this.  It may be a little fun.

God is Good,


Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment