Monday, January 21, 2019

Some People Are Speaking Up....

See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? 
- Isaiah 43:19

Hello Church,

It is time to speak up!

This Sunday several people are going to do so.  On Feb. 3rd, the District Superintendent is going to do so.  On Feb. 9th, many people are going to do so.  A new thing is coming.  You will not want to miss out on it.

I am revving my engine and getting ready to dive into something brand new in my 22 years of Pastoral ministry.  While I have helped churches renew, I have never done so with a church that I have already been a part of for 9 years!  I am excited/nervous/anxious/restless/stressed/super enthused!

It won't be easy work, but, WOW, could it be exciting work.  I am ready to think outside the box; encourage a new way to think; push people to a different way to do things; expand horizons; take calculated (and maybe uncalculated) risks; and be a kind of pastor that truly empowers and does little to maintain the status quo.

Have I scared any of you yet?  Are you suddenly sweating at the prospect of being a church that runs from stagnation into something unknown? 

A huge step in this process is on Saturday, Feb. 9th.  The Relive Church Retreat for Emmanuel will be at Loveland UMC, 9:00 - 4:00.  Lunch will be provided.  We want you there.  It doesn't matter how new or old you are to Emmanuel.  We want you to have an opportunity to be a part of a new church.

Get on board!  Speak Up!  God is going to do a new thing and it will be Good!

Pastor Joe


No comments:

Post a Comment