Monday, September 2, 2019

Paying Others To Take My E-Junk

Hello Church,

My wife occasionally gives me tasks to do... and then puts a deadline on those tasks.  We both know why.  One of those tasks was to take our old electronics to a e-recycling facility by the end of the Summer.  For those of you who are not in the know, there are places that will take your old computers, printers, phones, etc; and recycle them in order to keep them out of the landfill.  We have a lot of e-junk.

The one place I know of is Best Buy.  I loaded up the car and hauled it to Eastgate.  What I found out is that they do indeed take me e-junk.  What I didn't know is that there is a $25 fee associated with anything that has a screen.  This would include my Dell monitor and 2 small tv's.  (btw, anyone want a free Dell monitor or a small tv?).

Needless to say, I am not going to pay someone $75 to take my e-junk.  So I am in search of anyone that will take it for free.  Anyone?  It's close to the end of Summer.  My deadline is approaching.  Kim is becoming impatient.  And since we are on the subject, I am also not paying someone $300 to haul away an old, broken piano.  I won't lower myself to ask if anyone is interested.

I'm glad I don't have to pay God to take away my junk.  That would be much more expensive than $75.  Additionally, my deadline isn't so clear... it could be tomorrow or 4 decades from now.  Either way, my thankfulness to God for Christ is very clear.  The junk that really counts is gone and my soul is relieved.  And when I am broken down, God will still come and haul me away.  Why?  Because He has lowered himself to let me know that he is indeed interested... more than interested.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment