Monday, October 7, 2019

I Feel Good. Na na na na na na na.... I Know That I Would Now

Hello Church,

People energy is a funny thing.  You can't really measure it, but you can feel it.  Sometimes it is subtle and sometimes it is obvious.  One thing I've learned over the years is begin able to identify people energy in order to help me discern the health of a congregation.

I'm not always good at this.  My attempt at optimism sometimes gets in my way.  Or when I get discouraged in my personal life, that can also skew my perceptions.  However, I try to look at the level of participation, attitudes and listen to feedback.  Needless to say, church life is always in flux from season to season and year to year.

But I gotta say that I feel really good.  Emmanuel has found new energy in some new leadership.  Areas of youth, worship, community outreach and discipleship has trended upward.  This is a lot at once.  I'm trying to keep up.  When the energy of the church increases, I must not get left behind.

That said, people energy doesn't always translate to growth.... either numerical or spiritual.  In order to do so, we need to be ready to invite, nurture and connect people to one another. True, we want to feel good about what we are inviting people to come and see.  One thing they will see is a passion for various areas of ministry.

If you have been feeling discouraged about your church life, I invite you to look hard at Emmanuel.  Find that energy and draw from it.  We have evolved over the past 12 months.  We are different.  We prioritize different.  We are more intentional.  We are better focused.  A year ago we were tired.  Today we are certainly more enthused and hopeful.

As I walk forward with you, I hope you consider to commit or recommit to the church... be it with your prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness.  Together, and with God's help, we will strive to make positive impacts on people's lives..... both inside and outside the church.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe

I am always available to set up any appointment if you need to talk about anything.  You can call me at 513-463-7378 or email me at pastorjoe@emmanuel-umc.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment