Monday, October 14, 2019

.... Those People Who Are Never Happy.....

Hello Church,

Things are looking up (it's what churches do).  What a wonderful baptism yesterday to top off a week of optimism!

It's odd how fast life can change.  I think a word that finance advisers would use is 'volatility'.  The ups and downs can come fast and furious.  In other times, they can come subtle and gradual.

I've learned not to let the volatility of life decide how I approach my day or week or month.  It isn't easy.  I try to let my faith in a consistent God guide me.  Yet emotions do get the best of me at times.
When bad stuff happens, I am tempted to have a grumpy week.  When good stuff happens, life becomes fine and dandy.

The truth is, if I let others depict how my week goes, then does it not minimize my faith in a consistent God?  If I believe that God supplies all I need to live forever and ever in a state of grace, then isn't that good enough for every one of my days to be good?  You would think?

So we come to those individuals who never seem happy or satisfied or content.  It makes sense to me if there is no faith in a consistently loving God.  However, what about those who claim the Faith?  What about those who say they believe in the saving Grace in Christ and freely talk about the joy that God offers to everyone who believes?  What if some such people never seem happy?

I've never been one to question a person's state of salvation.  It isn't my job.  Yet I struggle with those who are genuinely and consistently unhappy even as they sing 'I've Got The Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy Down In My Heart'.

Is this you?  If so, I encourage you into doing some soul searching.  God is too good to walk with him with your head down all the time.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe






No comments:

Post a Comment