Tuesday, January 7, 2020

I Am Glad For The Flu

Hello Church,

Got your flu shot yet?

My wife had been on me all Fall (along with some of you) about getting it done.  The procrastinating part of me put it off.  Then I saw some of you (and some entire households) fall prey to the flu season.  So I decided to stop dodging bullets and get my shot.  I got it December 30th.

.... then I got the flu....

Not so bad, really.  I've been told that those who get the shot can get the flu, but not as bad as it would have ordinarily been.  It didn't slow me down so much.  It was more annoying than anything.

The human body is a fascinating creation.  I won't pretend to be an expert, but I will trust the medical community that says getting the flu shot is the best of the options.  I know there can be quite a bit of controversy around this issue, so let me get to my eventual point.

I'm being optimistic this season.  I am going to be glad that I only sort of got the flu instead of really getting the flu.  I am going to be glad that I could continue my work and not be hampered by untold fatigue, cold chills, fever and vomiting.  I am glad that I got the flu shot.  ....

In addition, my weight-loss venture increased.  Loss of appetite led me to lose another 3 pounds.  I am now -15 lbs since Dec. 1st.  I'm glad for only sort of getting the flu.

Be optimistic this season.  It's your choice.

What do you have to be glad about?

God is Good,
Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment