Monday, January 20, 2020

Warm, Fuzzy Goodness.... Let Me Count The Ways...

Hello Church,

I'm so full of warm, fuzzy goodness I don't know where to start.  The immediate future looks exciting as I get busy on a very full, Monday schedule (contrary to popular opinion, my Mondays are sometimes even busier than my Sundays).

It's easier to be optimistic when I get to do the kinds of things that I think are good and healthy for the church.  As I continue to encourage the church to engage people at all opportunities, I try and do so myself.... let us count the ways....

The Cub Scouts have had their meetings at Emmanuel for many years.  We have done okay opening our doors to them (indeed, the relationship between scouting and the United Methodist Church is celebrating their 100th year this year).  However, now we are trying to take an extra step.... to be engaging and ask the question, 'What else can we do for you?'.

February 2nd is Scout Sunday.  We would love to see as many scouts and their families as possible.  We want them to know we are here for them..... and so is God.  We'll take time to introduce ourselves to them and them to us.  To allow for the possibility of a more in-depth relationship and stronger connections.

Then comes February 9th.  Most of you do not know that there has been a group of friends at the church on Tuesday evenings, playing music and having a grand 'ol time.  They are going to share their talents.  For those who have a special love for bluegrass music, you won't want to miss it.  For those who don't, you'll still be glad you came when you see the love they have for their time together.

I want to make this blog a long one!  While we lament the closing of the United Methodist Women's group this coming Sunday, we also celebrate what it has meant to us over the years.  Several women are going to speak on what it has meant to them.  And then?  Then we get to talk about the possibilities moving forward.... to carry forward some of the traditions and strengths of the UMW as it can apply to Emmanuel as a whole.

Also coming up is a light bulb minstry (Feb. 16-Mar 1); a Lenten Ministry in March; .....

OH!  and have you seen the Youth room lately?  Lots of work has been done!  Please take the time to go look.  The new youth program has put tons of work into their space.  Kevin has even been known to get the church on Sunday morning even before Russ and I.  I gotta say I am impressed!

There is more I want to talk about, but suffice it to say that choosing optimism has its rewards.  And having an optimistic God who never gives up on us is even a better reward.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe




No comments:

Post a Comment