Monday, June 8, 2020

Our First Sunday Back

Hello Church,

Our first Sunday back in the building and it went as smoothly as could be hoped.  The Worship Team will be reviewing the morning and considering tweaks as we move forward.  

For my part, it was a tiny bit emotional to have so many gathered for worship.  Not only was it good to see faces I hadn't seen in 12 weeks, but it was good to watch you see faces you hadn't seen in 12 weeks.  The live stream was especially neat as I watched the people smile and greet each other.

I was reminded of how important Sunday morning worship is to me.  Obviously it is difficult to not take it for granted, seeing that I am to be there every week regardless if I want to or not.  However, take it away from me against my will and I find out how much I miss it and need it.  And as is the case with many of you, this is the first time I can ever recall having Sunday morning worship taken away from me for this long.

This leads me to more evidence of God's Holy Spirit, an extension of what I preached about yesterday.  The 'gathered in one place' is, of itself, a part of the Pentecost experience.  There is a Holy mystery with what happens when people of Faith gather and immerse themselves in God's presence.  The togetherness brings a dynamic that morning devotions or private prayer time just doesn't have.  I like it.  And I've rediscovered that I need it.

So for those of you who missed it yesterday, we missed you.  We are going to do it all over again next Sunday.  Hope to see you!

God is Good,
Pastor Joe


No comments:

Post a Comment