Monday, November 2, 2020

When Emmanuel Does Things Right!

 Hello Church,

Last week was a little tongue-in-cheek fun.  I hope I didn't offend any of my Baptist, Presbyterian, Catholic, Episcopalian or non-denominational friends.  I do have a habit of not taking myself too seriously.

This week?  Something also fun, but not so tongue-in-cheek.  I received a series of pics from a church member (Connie Wallace).  She is a part of our partnership with Holly Hill Elementary.  She donated little pumpkins to the teachers she sponsors... enough for all the kids to decorate.  It was a hit!

I can't share the pics here because of rules about posting pics of kids on the internet without permission from the parents.  I will share them in our Thursday newsletter.  If you want to receive our newsletter, you can email me at pastorjoe@emmanuel-umc.com or put in the comment section below.

It is good to watch relationships develop between the church and the community.  Small churches can often spend time lamenting how little they can do for the community.  Not Emmanuel.  We do what we can and sometimes find out it is more than we thought.  Our relationship with Holly Hill is blossoming.  It is a real connection that we are making with the school staff.  It is exciting.

Over the last year plus, we have donated food, bought postage, gave Halloween candy, delivered school supplies, made covid masks, provided breakfast and lunch, sent encouraging emails and many other things that I may not even be aware of.  Included here is a pic of what Kim and I gave the staff earlier this year.

It is a lesson to all of us.  Don't complain about what you can't do.  Focus on what you can do.  Let God work through you.  Give healthy relationships a chance to develop.  It is the best place where unconditional love can flow.

God is Good,

Pastor Joe



No comments:

Post a Comment