Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Slow Leak


Hello Emmanuel,

I had a nail in my tire.

I didn't know this for sure.  My tire in my HHR (which stands for His Hot Rod) has had a slow leak for about a year and a half..... a VERY slow leak.  I would be only slightly annoyed every 3-4 weeks to have to stop and put air in it.  I never took the time to figure out why it had a slow leak.  I was always too busy going somewhere to do something.  So for a year and half I would continue to go places and do things and for a year and a half I would gauge my tire pressure until it got too low and pump it back up so that I would continue to go places and do things...... for a year and half.

I don't know what it was, but I finally stopped at a place to get it fixed.  Maybe I had a slight hesitation from going places and doing things.  I was told that the nail was found and the hole patched up.  I told him that it had been in there for a year and half.  'What!?  A year and half?  And it never got no worse?'  He was surprised by the length of time that I had chosen to deal with this slight annoyance.

But now?  It has surprised me how nice it is to go places and do things without that little, stressful annoyance of a slow leak.  Do you have a slow leak?  Do you have any of those minor annoyances that adds just that little stressor in your day?  A car problem?  A health concern?  A relationship issue?  An educational problem?

It doesn't have to be that significant, but I wonder what life would be like if we took care of all the little things.  How much nicer would our days be?  I believe that God does pay attention to detail.  He has done so in creation and has done so in redemption.  He numbers every hair on our head and cares for even the little sparrows.

We will all have big-time problem areas in our lives at one point or another.  However, wouldn't they be easier to deal with if we, along our days, took a tiny bit of time and dealt wiht our small-time annoyances?  Something to think about.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment