Tuesday, October 2, 2018

A Different Pastor

Hello Church,

It's official.  It's October.  My mission begins!  I am encouraging you to renew yourself.  I am meeting with anyone and everyone and preaching it and teaching it.  Ready?

Relax.

Chill out.

Reconnect.

Talk with one another.

Fellowship.

I will be all about this for the next 3 months.  My desire to talk about tasks has gone away.  I want us to sit back and think about how we know one another.  I want us to prayerfully contemplate who we are and how we relate with one another. 

I think some haven't taken be seriously enough yet.  It's okay.  I understand.  As a pastor who has been task/results oriented, I have minimized the significance of fellowship.  That pastor no longer exists. 

So if you come to me because such n such needs to get done, understand that I will seriously consider as to whether or not it is a task that the church NEEDS to get done.  If it can wait 3 months, then it probably will. 

We are a tired church.  We need to rest.  Don't worry.  It's only 3 months.  It goes fast. 

So everything we do, I will try to turn it into a fellowship time with minimal tasks.... everything..... worship, ministry team meetings, special events, study time, etc..... 

We can't move forward if we are too tired to move forward. 

3 months.... October... November... December.... and then January is here.  Get rested.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment