Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Please Don't Be Mad At Me... But...

Hello Church,

Do you get it yet?  Emmanuel's Leadership has decided on a 3 month renewal time.  Do less.  Connect more.  Stop being busy.  Start being relational.  I'm going to keep preaching and teaching it.

Why?

We need a fresh start.  We need to erase the board and start with a blank look.  We need empty space, but more than that... we need to have energy to start filling the board again. 

We don't currently have nearly enough energy.  There are individuals here and there that are still chugging along, but as a whole, the church is not motivated to expend energy.  This is clearer to me now than ever before.  For the love of God, we need to gas in our spiritual gas tank.... literally for the love of God.

So I am going to be saying 'no'.  I am going to encourage our Leadership to say 'no'.  Please don't be mad at me.  I am semi-desperate to get this message out.  I am so convinced of this strategy.  We need a buffer between what was and what will be.  God wants us to be still and to know that He is God. 

A time is coming soon when we will have a whole new list of tasks to accomplish.  But it isn't now.  Now is the time to fill ourselves with the love of one another and God.  Now is the time to just be in Christian Fellowship and be friends and learn that we all have the same cause... to be the church.

Do you get it yet? 

If we don't, we will not be ready to move forward together come 2019.  And if we do not move forward, it will be painful to be the church. 

So please don't be mad at me when I say 'no.  I want to get you ready for something new.  God has plans.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment