Monday, February 11, 2019

Pastor Joe Is Full of It

It is time for a new thing!  Do you perceive it yet? - Isaiah 43:19

Hello Church,

What a Saturday!  The Relive Retreat went very well (I got 8,000 steps in with all my nervous energy).  We have the beginnings of a fresh start.  I want you to be a part of it (yes, you).  The ball is now rolling and it will be gaining momentum.  You don't want to miss out on this.

But some will.

While enthusiasm was created on Saturday, not everyone was there to capture it for various reasons.  That's okay.  There will be plenty of opportunity to get on board.  Monday, Feb. 18th is the next opportunity.  7:30.  A new vision and direction is in the makings.  You are invited.  Many will be there.

But some won't.

I want to be clear and concise with the church.  I am not the same pastor.  I am more determined.  I am more stubborn.  I am better focused.  I am more spiritually alive.  I am less concerned about appeasing you.  I am more concerned about appeasing Jesus.  The ministries I lead will reflect this.  Some of you will get with the new program and be on a new, more exciting journey than before.  There will still be bumps... but there will also be victories. 

But some will remain skeptical.

I get it.  It makes sense.  Most of you have known me for as long as 9.5 years.  Some of you have known Emmanuel since its birth.  You have become accustomed to what has been (especially the last 3 years).  The status quo has woven around your expectations.  However, don't expect me to spend time winning over the skeptics.  I used to spend a lot of energy doing that.  I am done with that.  I will take those who want to move into something bigger and better and we will move forward.  I am focusing on the path ahead.  Those who walk with me will walk with me.  Those who don't will miss out.  

If I sound smug, I don't intend to.  I intend to sound determined.  I don't like losing.  We have been losing.  Jesus isn't a loser.  We shouldn't be losing.  We should be winning.  We proclaim Good News, not bad news.  We should walk forward expecting to win... to be a magnet for people who want things like faith and hope and especially love.  I am going to do so.

So get on board.   It's time for a new thing.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe


1 comment:

  1. Pastor Joe, Did you all pick a of the leaders for the teams yet?

    ReplyDelete