Monday, March 16, 2020

Calm Down, Be In Prayer and Let's Get Through This....

Hello Church,

The last week has been a whirlwind for me and I know for most, if not all, of you.  The virus is changing how we go about our days and our government is working hard to get us information on what and how to get things done that will help us as much as possible.

We will each have our stories about pandemic.  For me, I have struggled to process how fast this has happened and how to react as a religious leader.... even as circumstances have changed daily if not hourly.

To be honest, a week ago I was skeptical.  I was leaning toward the 'over-reaction crowd' as I watched other areas of the world report numbers that were relatively low.  A week later I fully admit my mind has changed.  I'm thankful we have health professionals that stayed on top of it and leaders that continue to keep us informed.

If there is anything that has troubled me most, it is the lack of calm.  My trip to Kroger was the biggest eye-opener.  Shelves being emptied and stores needing to put a limit on certain items to allow everyone a chance to buy what they need. 

I believe this speaks to our lack of calm and a lack of calm traces back to a lack of peace.  This is a role that the church--and you as a Christian--can jump into.  It is easy to believe in a loving, sovereign God when we nonchalantly go about our day without too many serious cares in the world.  It is much more difficult to be a holy witness for a loving, sovereign God when we are troubled or even panicked.  It is times like these that we can be an example of someone who believes in the everlasting.

So let's be calm.  Listen to our leaders.  Be in prayer for the world.  Help one another out as you can.  Ask for help when you need it.  Most of all, put your trust in a loving, sovereign God.

I am available to help as I can.  Let me know what I can do.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment