Monday, August 10, 2020

Sloppy, Messy Blessings

 Hello Church,

On today, my 48th birthday, I have come to realize a rather fascinating fact:  I have spent more of my life with Kim than without her.  I would love to take a bunch of credit for this.  As marriage records go, it is no longer assumed that you'd spend so much time with one person.  Indeed, it is now a rather impressive feat.  I could make a list of all the things I've had to endure over the years, not the least is helping to raise 5 kids and a handful of pets.  However, I've learned not to make such lists.  Why?  Because I have been with Kim over 2 decades now.  I know better.

Truth is, her list would likely be longer.  Yet at the end of the day is a long list of blessings.  My first birthday present was from my granddaughter.  It is a T-shirt that, on the surface, looks messy, sloppy and not something I would wear in public.  But I think it is a perfect gift for spending half of my life in semi-chaotic existence with lots of messes throughout the wonderful years with Kim.  

Appreciate who you have in your life.  Thank God for love.  

I am going to go wear this T-shirt in public.  My granddaughter is going to take me to lunch.  But she says I have to do the driving...... and the paying....

God is Good,

Pastor Joe


No comments:

Post a Comment