Monday, May 24, 2021

Blogging While On REALLY Good Pain Meds.

 Hello Church,

I've never blogged while on pain meds.... so here goes.... against the better part of valor....  I apologize if I miss any prepositions.  They are small words and easy to miss. (But it's fun to imagine Russ Bowman and Jared Treadway reading this 10 times to see if I did miss any)

I had my gallbladder removed about 3.5 hours ago.  I feel really good (again, see the title of this blog).  I think the key is this:  I told my surgeon before my surgery to have a really good day.

You think that doesn't make a difference, do you?  We say it a lot, but this time I meant it.  I mean, I looked right into his eyes and said it in a very serious way, 'Have a REALLY good day'.  

He laughed.

Truth is, have you ever thought of all the ways your good day can impact those around you?  And if you are a surgeon?  If you have a good day, then a lot of people have good days too!  If you have a bad day?  Well, we won't talk about that....

And think about the things that create good days.  Doing a good job; being unconditionally loving; having a gracious attitude; exuding a sense of peace; expressing hopefulness, etc; these things can contribute to having a good day. It doesn't always work this way because sometimes our days are not dictated by things we have control over.  But Surprise!  These approaches to life can also be the result of having a firm Faith!  And thus a firm Faith CAN contribute to having a good day.

Jesus' Faith was a magnet.  That magnetism was transferred to His disciples and then to the Church and so on and so on.....  Therefore, be a witness and have a good day!

So the way I see it, I'm not having a good day because of the meds.  I'm having a good day because my surgeon had a good day.  And I am grateful.

Time for some bland mashed potatoes with bland applesauce and bland jello.  Btw... these things could cause a bland day.... something I'm not striving for.

God is Good,

Pastor Joe






No comments:

Post a Comment