Monday, June 7, 2021

Bippity Boppity Boo..... Ribbit

 Hello Church,

I have a problem.  It's a problem I have had each of the other 3 times I got appointed to a church(es).  My brain won't turn off.  

I am currently sitting at Indian Lake.  It's a peaceful setting.  The lake is literally in our back yard.  The family is sitting around the table eating breakfast and talking about non-stressful things.  There is every opportunity to sit and stare blankly at the lake.  But while my granddaughter runs around turning me into a frog with her imaginary wand (or is it real?... 'ribbit'), my brain won't turn off.

Between getting Emmanuel ready for a transition; meeting staff at Springboro; packing boxes; cleaning my current office; considering the vision process for the months ahead; preparing for an 'empty nest' ..... and don't forget my all-important fantasy baseball team which has had too many injuries...... my brain won't turn off.

When I got to Emmanuel 12 years ago, this problem lasted about 2 years.  That can't happen again.  My wife is already half-crazy.  I am sure I would send her over the edge this time.  I can't afford this inconvenience.

I am not entirely sure about the solution to this problem.  It is mostly created because of my excitement/anxiety about life-changes.  It's troubling because I can have my gallbladder removed and truly think nothing of it.... no anxiety or nervous energy at any time.  But move me from one house to another and I can't sit still.... and sitting still is usually one of my fortes.  

So I hope Springboro First is ready for me.  I hope Emmanuel will be okay without me.  I hope Hope does well in college.  I hope my fantasy baseball team starts winning.  I hope my wife finds half-crazy new friends.  And I hope I am not a frog indefinitely.  

If all of the above happens well, then God can tell me 'I told you so'.  Until then, I may look at God with a quizzical look while He subtly shakes His head and rolls His eyes..... sort of like how Kim will do when she reads this.

God is Good

...ribbit....

Pastor Joe




No comments:

Post a Comment