Monday, June 21, 2021

The (Almost) Emptiness Of Life Changes

 Hello Church,

I'm sitting in a chair in the middle of a mostly empty living room.  We are down to just the piddly little things that need to be packed.  Have you ever had a moment when you realized that life was about to stop and then start over again in a very different way?

This is, by far, the hardest stop and start again that we've ever had.  Not only are we moving to live in an entirely different community with different people, but we are also downsizing, preparing for an empty nest existence.  

I've had these moments a few times in my life.  The first was actually at my high school graduation.  I genuinely felt like a part of me was dying and a new life was ahead of me.  Since then I have had a few transitions that brought on the same feelings.  

And through it all there was God.

Sometimes we forget, especially if we never have those moments when we realize that everything around us is temporary.... that change can happen on a whim and sometimes drastic change.

But God is never temporary.

Be reminded that, inevitably, it is you and God and that is the most consistent, permanent relationship that there can be.  It's a good thing because God loves you always.  

God is Good,

Pastor Joe




No comments:

Post a Comment