Monday, June 2, 2014

An Excited Pastor Has Been Sighted

Hello Emmanuel,

Pentecost is coming.  Time to wear red.  Time to rediscover what Pentecost is and why the Pastor is so excited.

My excitement is multi-fold.  First, I haven’t looked forward to summer like I have this year.  I’m not sure why except that I perhaps haven’t lamented a winter like I have this past one.  For some reason, the cold just got to me more than usual.  Does that mean I’m getting old?  In any case, Pentecost means warm weather is here. 

Secondly, baptisms are going to happen Sunday.  In fact, it will be a 3 generational baptism.  I don’t think I’ve ever done 3 generations at once.  Celebrating God’s grace in such a way is going to be fantastic.  Son, Mom and Grandma are going to celebrate God’s grace in the water.  I might need to have extra water on hand.

Thirdly—and I feel like I say this so often—the new faces at Emmanuel bring so many possibilities for new disciples of Jesus and new servers to the many ministries we implement.  I’m wondering how many we’ll have at the Roots Class on Saturday at 9:00.  Let the Discipleship Pathway be discussed!!!  Woohoo!!

Fourthly, a new sermon series starts.  Discussing the work of the Holy Spirit always seems to be attention-getting.  People want to know how God speaks to them right now.  I’m looking forward to a change of gears and moving from having hope in the resurrection to having fulfillment in living today.  I hope you come and hear about a Wild Goose Chase. 

So how could I not be excited right now?  I hope you are excited too!  Sometimes I feel like I’m just riding a wave of grace through 2014.  I hope your summer will be a time you see God working among you.  Take time to soak it in and celebrate it.

God is Good,
Pastor Joe


Oh… and on a side note, we are tweaking our bulletin and making it a newsletter.  Our intent is to be more informative to more people about what Emmanuel is doing and how to get involved.  We want as many servants as possible.  So pay attention to how the bulletin… I mean, newsletter… changes over the next several weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment