Monday, February 22, 2016

Advantages of a New Season

Hello Emmanuel,

Before I forget to type this:  March 20th will have only one worship service:  10:00.  There will be water flying, banners waving and people committing to Jesus.  Car pool if you can.  Extra parking will be at the airport with a shuttle going back and forth.  You don’t want to miss it!

As I mentioned on Sunday, I got my bicycle out last Saturday.  It was a super nice day.  I’m fairly certain that I have never biked in February before…. At least not for a 12 mile ride.  However, it was a super nice day.  What did you do last Saturday?  Did you know it was a super nice day?

Every year, as the weather starts to get nicer, I seem to experience a challenge of sorts.  I have to force myself to get out.  Even when I know the day may be really nice, my mind is in the habit of staying inside.  I argue with myself through April and May and even June.  By the time I remember how great it is to spend time outside, the Summer has already started.  Indeed, last year, I never did get my bike out much.  What a shame.

Not this year, though.  This year is going to be different.  When the weather is nice, I’m going out.  No more wasting time.  I am going to take advantage of nice weather.  Yep.  That’s right!  No more arguing with myself. 

What about you?

Habits seem to form easily when they are convenient.  Winter makes it convenient to stay inside.  It also makes it convenient to moan and groan about how cold or gray or wet it is.  But when the excuses are gone, what are you going to do?  Continue to mire in the muck of the Winter blahs?  Being depressed is too easy for some of you.  Me too.  But not this year.  This year is going to be different.

I encourage you to look at the change in weather this year as an opportunity.  Allow yourself to see things from a different perspective.  We are blessed with the change of seasons in Ohio.  See it as a blessing.  Take advantage of whatever season comes your way.  \

And shall I say to let Emmanuel guide the way?  March isn’t exactly Spring weather, but it could still be a kick-start to a new season.  We have lots going on in March.  We are collecting seed packets, learning about the Bible, baptizing a bunch, receiving new members and…. Oh yeah…. Easter eggs galore…. Chocolate and otherwise.

So get ready to switch gears. 

God is Good,


Pastor Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment